Parents’ Representative Council
Role of the Parents Representative Council
All parents and guardians are automatic members of the Parents Association of Presentation Tralee. We are very fortunate to have a very vibrant, committed, honest and hard-working Parents Association in our school. The annual general meeting of the Association is held at the beginning of each academic year to elect the council representatives. The Parents Association meets once a term to discuss various matters relating to the provision of services for their children at Presentation Tralee.
As a representative body the council:
- provides a forum to discuss and represent the views of parents/guardians
- informs parents/guardians of developments in education and in the school
- foster co-operation between the parents/guardians, teachers and school management
- act as a conduit between the parents/teaching staff and Board of Management.
- provides an opportunity for the parents/guardians to express their ideas to the college management
- assists with fundraising for various school needs/events
- promote the ethos of the school
Agreed Reports BoM
The Council cannot be a forum for complaints/ grievances against either teachers or parents. All complaints should be communicated privately through discussions/ meetings between pupils, parents, teachers and school management.
The Parents Council Representatives for 2023/2024
- BOM Reps:
If you wish to contact the Parents Association, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.