This year Ms. Foley and Ms. O’ Flynn are continuing their tradition of organising Love Literature Week – Five days full of workshops, literature appreciation and of course, fun!
This year our theme for Love Literature Week is “I am a Star”, inspired by the late and great Tralee singer/songwriter Christy Hennessy, indeed his great friend, world famous entertainer Mark Leen will visit the school to talk to 4th years about Christy’s life.
The TYs are helping to organise various events and art for the week which begins on November 5th.
The events organised will include:
- Workshop for 2nd years with John W Sexton.
- Tomi Reichenthal, holocaust survivor, author of the award winning book, “I was a Boy in Belsen”, will speak to 4th and 5th years.
- Poet, Gabriel Fitzmaurice will hold a workshop with 1st years.
- We will hold our annual Dress-up day, where students can dress up as their favourite characters from film, TV and literature.
- There will be a fun, entertainment quiz for 3rd years.
- A Poetry Slam Workshop as well as a history tour of Tralee, led by local historian Mike O’Donnell, based on the story of the rose of Tralee will be held for 4th years.
- The 4th years will take the 1st years on a cinema trip to see a current film.
- There will be a fun treasure hunt for 1st years and a 6-Word Story competition for all.