The Board of Management of Presentation Secondary School Tralee has adopted and will implement fully and without modification the Department’s Child Protection Procedures for Primary and Post Primary Schools 2017 as part of this overall Child Safeguarding Statement.
The Designated Liaison Person (DLP) is Ms. Mairéad Finucane
The Deputy Designated Liaison Person (Deputy DLP) is Ms. Chrissie Kelly
The Board of Management recognises that child protection and welfare considerations permeate all aspects of school life and must be reflected in all the school’s policies, procedures, practices and activities. In its policies, procedures, practices and activities, the school will adhere to the following principles of best practice in child protection and welfare.
Relevant Policy Documents are available for download by clicking on the following links:
- Child Safeguarding Statement & Risk Assessment
- Checklist for Review of the Child Safeguarding Statement
- Notification regarding the Board of Management’s review of the Child Safeguarding Statement
- Parent & Guardian Notification – Child Safeguarding & Anti-Bullying
- Child Protection Procedures
- Children First National Guidance 2017
For further information in relation to Child Protection, please visit www.tusla.ie
Please note that our next Child Safeguarding Statement and Child Safeguarding Risk Assessment review will take place at the Board of Management Meeting scheduled for September 2023.