Business Studies helps you to make more informed decisions in the everyday business of living. It gives you a better understanding of the world of work. It encourages you to think about how and why people start up in business and why you too might also consider starting a business.
- To contribute to a balanced and appropriate general education at the Junior Cycle level, leading to the personal and social development of each student.
- To develop, in each student, habits and methods of investigation, analysis and problem solving at an appropriate level.
- To familiarise each student with technological developments in the business environment.
- To encourage initiative and develop self reliance in each student.
- To provide each student with an appropriate level of economic/business literacy
- To develop in each student a positive attitude to the creation of wealth and its distribution
- To provide a foundation for students which could lead to employment/further studies in the business field.
The specification focuses on improving students' understanding of the business environment and on developing skills for life, work and further study through the three inter-connected strands: Personal Finance, Enterprise and Our Economy.
Information on Junior Cycle Business Studies
"Good business leaders create a vision, articulate the vision, passionately own the vision, and relentlessly drive it to completion."