IN FIRST YEAR, THE STUDENTS DO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS:-
|Irish||Speech and Drama|
|Civics, Social & Political Education (CSPE)||Social, Personal and Health Education (SPHE)|
IN SECOND YEAR SOME SUBJECTS HAVE TO BE DROPPED. HOWEVER, THE FOLLOWING EXAMINATION SUBJECTS WILL BE COMPULSORY FOR ALL STUDENTS
Exemption from Irish
* Students who were born /lived in another country other than Ireland or who have a serious dyslexic condition may be exempt from the Irish requirement for college entry. In this case evidence must also be provided –birth certificate or psychological report respectively.
OPTIONAL SUBJECTS TO BE CHOSEN FOR 2ND YEAR:
The following subjects will be offered as options of which students will study three.
* Music - Subject to demand
FACTORS TO BE CONSIDERED WHEN CHOOSING SUBJECTS FOR 2ND YEAR
- Interest in the subject matter
- Some subjects are essential in order to take up subjects at Senior Level - e.g. Science, Business
- Individual ability / aptitude
- Make an independent decision
- Reports from teachers on progress so far
- Actual results to date
- Speak to subject teachers on course content
- Talk to current second/third year students.
- Discuss with the Guidance Counsellor.